How to impress the panel...
- Innovative carton packaging, in keeping with the brand guidelines and with strong shelf presence
- Deliver the brand message of Butterkist as the hero of the popcorn world
- Packaging must sit within the snacking and sharing at home sector, aimed at both young adults and families aged 10 - 45
- Packaging should encourage friends and family to share the microwave product on a movie night at home
- Consider the flexibility in the interior structure, how can the carton transform to create a sharing pack, are further pieces of carton packaging required?
- Maximum size: footprint of 160mm x 160mm, height 200mm
- Produce a cost effective solution; the pack should not use excessive amounts of material
- Packaging should be easily stored and quickly erected in the Butterkist factory. It must protect the product on its journey from factory to store and onto the consumer’s home
- Packaging should be tamper-evident during transit, but easy to open for the consumer
- Consider the end of life of the packaging, can it be recycled or reused?
Carton board must be the predominant material. Plastic film window material can also be used.
How to Enter
Please register to enter online at www.bensongroup.co.uk, no later than November 15th 2013
- Provide a model of your Butterkist microwave popcorn pack using the brand’s graphics
- Provide three A3 supporting development boards as pdfs. These should show how you arrived at your chosen design
Please post your model to: Nikki Clark, Marketing Manager, Benson Group, Interlink Park, Bardon, Leicestershire. LE67 1PE
Date for receipt of online entry is Friday 15h November 2013. Details of delivery arrangements will be sent via email shortly after the closing date.
The physical entry must be sent in to arrive the week commencing 18th November 2013. Entries received after this date will not be considered in the judging process.
The winner will receive one week’s work experience at the Benson Group Design Studio and a £250 cash prize (provided by Benson Group).
They will also be invited to visit Butterkist’s head office in Pontefract, which will include a tour of the famous popcorn factory.
Runners up will each receive an Award Certificate and goody bag of Butterkist products.
Free carton board material, brand guidelines and popcorn sachets can be obtained by contacting Nikki Clark.
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 01530 518296